From UO Evolution
Universal Storage Key System
This system is in BETA and there are many minor flaws that have been discovered over time
This is a custom storage system developed to reduce weight, clutter and lag on the shard.
There are over 25 types of storage keys that can all be added to a single Universal Master Key that is easy to use and can be carried in your backpack.
Almost any item can be added to a key and it adds zero weight to your character.
Most of these keys can be obtained by doing minor "collection" quests or purchased from various shops around Britain
Here is a Storage Key Guide written by Lysanthir
The Universal Storage Key system is a custom system used to reduce clutter and weight issues for your character and the shard. Items held in keys add no weight or item count to your character. There is also a Master Key that can hold up to 25 of the individual keys further reducing clutter in your backpack!
There are two types of keys, Deco keys that must be locked down in a house to be used (And generally store larger items such as Armor and Weapons) and Personal Keys which work directly out of your backpack.
Keys held in your backpack will automatically supply items when the game requests them. For instance casting spells with a reagent key will use reagents from inside the key, as well as Crafting lockpicks while holding an Ingot Key will use iron held inside the key.
Not all keys are always obtainable in game, they sneak in and out via monthly events or as loot in puzzle chests or are occasionally placed in the world as purchasable via Evolution Coins! Keep your eyes peeled for deco objects that look “out of place”!
Some Keys also have a filter interface that allows you to quickly and easily locate items contained within.
- WARNING! Many of these keys have been removed from the game and need rescripting. DO NOT put ANY custom items into the keys or they will delete or erase properties of the items. The keys were not designed for any non-standard UO items.
- WARNING! DO NOT use the function on the keys "add to pack" or it will suck up all your custom items and erase the custom stats
- WARNING! Make sure you use the [keyguard command on your custom items!
- WARNING! Use these keys AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Also, Keys that are not insured or blessed can be stolen while in PvP Enabled Zones/Facets. Make sure you insure your keys!
- Clothing Hamper – Holds Magical Cloth, and other armor items that are not socketable (e.g. Pharoah’s Sandals) – Currently Event Only Item
- Weapon Rack – Holds Weapons – Currently Event Only Item
- Armor Chest – Holds armor that can be socketed. – Currently Event Only Item
- Jewelry Box – Holds Jewelry (Including some trinkets) as well as small gems – Currently Event Only item
- Armory – Holds each of the items listed above (with the exception of small gems) – Only obtainable via Donation or from Grand Auction
- Add on Deed Storage – Holds house add-on deeds (e.g. Forge and Anvil) – No known current location.
- Ultimate BOD Book – Holds and organizes all 6 types of BOD – Obtainable for one million gold from Blacksmith Vendor Stone, as well as 10000 iron ingots.
- Beverage Storage – Holds Water, Wine, Milk, and other non-potion liquids – No known current location.
- Gem Storage – Holds small gems – No known current location.
- Chef Storage – Holds Flour, Wheat, Eggs, and other non-meat items used in Cooking – No known current location.
- Gardener's Trowel – Holds Seeds (Also Identifies them while contained) gardening potions, plant bowls, water and fertile dirt. – Obtainable from Gardener’s Vendor Stone in Britain for 100 ED.
- Champion Skull Holder – Holds skulls obtained from completing Champ Spawns (or town invasions) in Felucca – No known current location.
- Stone Storage – Holds High Quality Granite of all colors from Mining – Obtainable for 1000 Granite from Stonemason’s Shop in Britain.
- Adventurer's Boots – Holds Bandages, Zoogi Fungus, Powder of Translocation, Bola Balls and other random Mob Drop items – Purchasable for one million Gold from the Provisioner’s Vendor stone in Britain.
- Fish Bucket – Holds whole raw fish obtained while Fishing – No known current location.
- Bard's Stand – Holds instruments, and can be used to combine exceptionally crafted instruments into a single item with large numbers of uses – Purchased for 100 ED on Bard’s Vendor Stone in Britain.
- Ingot Key – Holds ingots of all colors and can convert to and from Commodity Deeds – Purchased for one million gold or 10000 iron ingots from the Blacksmith Vendor Stone in Britain.
- Power Scroll Book – Holds Powerscrolls and Stat Scrolls obtained from Champ Spawns in Felucca – No known current location.
- Potion Storage – Holds Potion Kegs, Empty Bottles, and all potions. – Purchasable for one million gold from the Mage’s Vendor Stone in Britain.
- Reagent Keys – Holds all reagents, empty bottles, potion kegs, daemon bones and more! – Purchasable for one million gold from the Mage’s Vendor Stone in Britain.
- Runic Tool Box – Holds runic crafting tools obtained through BODs or from Elementals – Purchasable for one million gold or 10000 iron ingots from the Blacksmith Vendor Stone in Britain.
- Scribe's Tome – Holds Blank Runes, Blank Scrolls, and Magery and Necro spell scrolls – No known current location.
- Butcher's Hook – Holds raw and cooked meat items – No known current location.
- Treasure Hunter's Storage – Holds T-maps, lockpicks, SOSs, Ancient Fishing Nets and Shovels – Purchasable for one million gold or 5000 fish from the Cartographer’s Vendor Stone in Britain.
- Wood Storage – Holds all colors of boards, arrows and bolts, automatically converts logs into boards when added. – Purchasable for one million gold or 10000 boards from the Woodworker’s Vendor Stone in Yew.
- Tailor Storage – Holds cloth, leather, bones and other tailoring items. – Purchasable for one million gold or 10000 cut leather from the Tailor’s Vendor Stone in Britain.
- Tool Box – Holds and combines crafting tools (including Gargoyle tools). – Purchasable for one million gold or 10000 iron ingots from the Blacksmith Vendor Stone in Britain.
- ASH Box – Holds Ancient Smith Hammers (blacksmithing only) obtained from BODs. – No known current location.
- Smith's Storage – Holds Smithing tools, POF, Ancient Smith Hammers, Repair Deeds, and other Smithing related items. – Obtained by doing a quest
- Jeweler’s Key – Holds small and large gems – No known current location
- Goldpan Storage – Holds Goldpans and Nuggets. – No known current location
- Three-Fingered Jack’s Goldpan Storage – Holds Goldpans, Nuggets and Large Gems – Event Only Item
- Socket Key -- Holds all non-event augments – No known current location
You are able to prevent an item from being placed in a key when the “fill from pack” option is selected. In order to do this, enter the “[keyguard” command and then target the item you wish to remain outside the keys. This works on most storable items including reagents and materials. Beware however, that after a server reboot the name of the item will still say “Storage Entry Guarded” but will not work. You will need to reset the keyguards each time the server reboots.
For Example: A custom artifact item like Skull of Vecna, if keyguarded, would not be autolooted into the armory key by accident.