From UO Evolution
This system is for experienced crafters; it takes multiple high skills, resource gathering from many different sources, some special ingredients will be needed for certain powders and finally the Alchemy Garb clothing is essential. There are three different kinds of power; Basic, Intermediate and Advanced. For basic you will need 2 items, for intermediate you need 4 and for advanced 6 items.
Powder grinding uses Alchemy, Cooking and Tinkering. Anything less then 120 and you will suffer some negatives when crafting powder. Each skill or group of skills has an effect on specific powder properties. You will need all three skills and at a very high level.
There is a bonus difference between a Powder Grinder and an Exceptional Powder Grinder. The exceptional tools also give crafting bonuses.
There are several alchemy clothing items you can obtain to enhance your skill. Each item can reach several stages and earns extra points.
There is also a Uisneach's Mystery Chest which contains one of the following random alchemy clothing or stage deeds
- Jump to next stage deed
- Max stage increase deed
Just obtaining the alchemy garb isn't enough for success, you need to invest time into your gear to max the stages, and to get additional bonus to your powder properties.
When a powder is crafted there will be 4 properties displayed with ??%. You need to use the skill Taste ID on the power, each successful check will reveal some of the properties. For each attempt the checks become more difficult.
Please know that as you play around with the system or find ways we can improve or simply want to discuss...just let Kane know. I like the system but the numbers can always be adjusted to be fair. This is the first step to some amazing new features that have players have been asking for. Just give us some time to get it balanced, also new powders and features will be coming.
Types of Powder
- Alchemy Gold Powder -
- Powder of Pyrite - Changes Alchemy Garb into Leprechaun Gold. Lower end powder will give only a little gold but higher end powder can return over 50% of the Leprechaun gold invested in the gear.
- Powder of Golden Goblin - Recharges the Ring of the Goblin King
- Powder of Doolittle Protection - Can combine Doolittle Potions for longer duration
- Powder of Fortifying -
- Powder of Iron -
- Powder of Invidia - Replaces Hit Dispel with a random trait
- Powder of Acedia - 5%
- Powder of Shaman Bone - Replaces the Hit Dispel prop with Hit Curse. Intensity of curse is measured by the powder, tactics skill and poisoning skill. Will not work on a victim already effected by curse. If the crafter qualifies for Advanced Powder Crafting the item will use less resources to craft. (Powder crafting/Requires Recipe)